TOP #108: Is Blue-Green Algae Toxic for Dogs?

Blue-green algae is something many dog owners rarely think about but should be more concerned. This type of bacteria is very toxic to dogs, and has been found in all states of the country. Pets generally get very sick when ingesting just a little bit of it, and some have even died as a result.

So for this podcast episode, I decided to talk about blue-green algae and its effects on dogs in greater detail to make sure our listeners are aware of its dangers. I’ll cover what it actually is, how to identify it and see the symptoms of toxicity in your pooch, and what you should do if your dog happens to ingest it.

Listen to the podcast episode in the video above and subscribe below.

  • Subscribe on iTunes:
  • Subscribe on Google Play:
  • Subscribe on YouTube:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *