Table of Contents
- Best Pet Stores in Hawaii
- Kalihi Pet Center
- Kihei Pet Supply
- Aloha Pawz
- Calvin & Susie
- The Pet Shop
- Best Dog Parks in Hawaii
- Elaine Dobashi Dog Park
- Diamond Head Bark Park
- Hoalauna Dog Park
- Kuliʻouʻou Beach Park
- Keopuolani Regional Park
- Best Dog Grooming in Hawaii
- Groom Room
- The Dog Shop, LLC
- Pacific Paws Pet Salon
- Royalty Groomers
- Shear Magic Pet Salon, LLC
- Best Dog Trainers in Hawaii
- Island Dog Obedience
- OLK9 Hawaii
- Such Good Dogs
- Balanced Obedience
- Sit Means Sit Dog Training
- Best Veterinarians in Hawaii
- PetVet Animal Hospital
- Waikele Pet Hospital
- Animal House Veterinary Center
- King Street Pet Hospital
- Makai Pet Hospital
- Best Doggy Daycare and Boarding in Hawaii
- Kama’aina K9 Adventures
- Furever Friends Play and Stay
- Tails of Hawaii
- Ohana Doggie Day Care & Spa
- Pampered Pets Hawaii
- Best Animal Shelters in Hawaii
- Hawaiian Humane Society
- Rainbow Friends Animal Sanctuary
- Oahu SPCA Clinic and Shelter
- Aloha Ilio Rescue
- Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Hawaii so strict with dogs?
- How hard is it to bring a dog to Hawaii?
- Do Hawaii beaches allow dogs?
- Hawaii Pet Stores, Dog Parks, Shelters, and More: Summary
- READ NEXT: Colorado Pet Stores, Dog Parks, Shelters and More
Surfers and people basking in the sun on vast beaches may come to mind when you think of Hawaii, but there is more to it than just a beach destination.
Well, water sports are indeed all made possible in Aloha State, but the gorgeous beaches and strong waves for surfing are just a few attractions that draw people to it.
Hawaii has some of the world’s most diversified ecosystems, including active and dormant volcanoes, lush green valleys, and mountain ranges.
The alluring landscapes offer the perfect setting for private getaways, making it one of the world’s top honeymoon destinations.
Let’s not forget about the cascading waterfalls. Each waterfall is distinct, which only serves to increase its appeal to tourists.
From stunning sunsets to rainforest-traversing trails and expansive views, you can’t help but be in awe of Hawaii’s breathtaking natural beauty from all directions.
Part of what makes the islands of Hawaii so special is its culture, which is an ancient blend of ethnic influences and different customs.
So, while it is now firmly rooted on your bucket list, we want to share everything we know about dogs in the state.
Surely, you wouldn’t want to leave your pooch behind and miss the fun!
Whether moving or merely traveling to Hawaii, we’ve covered you with pet stores, dog parks, shelters, and more!
Best Pet Stores in Hawaii
For supplies and essentials, it’s time to check out the favorites in Hawaii.
Kalihi Pet Center
- Retail Store: 1199 Dillingham Blvd #101, Honolulu, HI 96817
- Phone Number: 808-841-5234
- Email Address: KalihiPetCenter@aol.com
Kalihi Pet Center is family-owned and operated at City Square Shopping Center in Honolulu.
They are renowned for providing a wide selection of goods, premium foods, pet accessories, treats, and other necessities for any animal in your home, whether it has fur, feathers, or fins.
Along with having the largest range of everything you could possibly need for your pets, they take pleasure in providing the greatest customer service.
Kihei Pet Supply
- Retail Store: 95 E Lipoa St, Kihei, HI 96753
- Phone Number: 808-874-0015
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deby Jo Kleinsasser, a long-time Maui resident, owns and operates Kihei Pet Supply.
She loves animals and knew that South Maui needed a pet supply as fuel prices soared and traffic increased.
To assist you in maintaining your pets’ happiness and health is the mission of Kihei Pet Supply.
They achieve this by only stocking the best pet care products from Hawaiian suppliers.
- Retail Store: 697 Manono St #105, Hilo, HI 96720
- Phone Number: 808-333-3530
- Email Address: email@example.com
Paulla Speegle, a dog and cat lover, launched Aloha Pawz in 2014 as a family-run pet shop for healthier and happier pets.
Aloha Pawz checks the reputations of companies, labels, and ingredients so that you don’t have to.
Their pet food assortment is meticulously chosen to ensure that they only provide wholesome pet food so your dog or cat enjoys a healthy, balanced diet.
Calvin & Susie
- Retail Store: 3109 Waialae Ave #108, Honolulu, HI 96816
- Phone Number: 808-734-2320
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In all of Hawaii, Calvin & Susie provides the largest selection of premium pet foods and treats.
Owner Alli is motivated to deliver the highest quality foods using only natural and healthy ingredients after conducting her research on pet food.
The Calvin & Susie Hawaii Animal Foundation, which provides care and assistance to neglected animals, receives 100% of the proceeds from the sales of the Calvin & Susie brand of products.
The Pet Shop
- Retail Store: 230 Hana Hwy #12, Kahului, HI 96732
- Phone Number: 808-215-6200
- Email Address: email@example.com
You can get all the pet supplies and accessories you require at The Pet Shop.
As the oldest pet shop in Maui, they offer the best prices on the highest quality pet essentials.
Given that they are family-run businesses, you can expect a more friendly and personalized service from them.
Best Dog Parks in Hawaii
You know your furry friend would love nothing more than to run around and play.
So, we’ve compiled a few of the best dog parks all around the state.
Elaine Dobashi Dog Park
- Address: 333 Keahole St, Honolulu, HI 96825
The dog park is a sizable, fenced area with a few scatted trees for shade, park benches, and tables for people and dogs to relax at.
It has less rainfall than the higher-lying places around since it is situated in the valley between the Ko’olau Range and Koko Crater.
Diamond Head Bark Park
- Address: 4155 Diamond Head Rd, Honolulu, HI 96816
It’s a big park, so there won’t be any congestion and each dog can have their own space to run, sniff, and play.
There are plenty of spaces for owners to gather and relax while their pets roam about, as well as a smaller area for timid dogs.
Hoalauna Dog Park
- Address: Keaunui Dr, Ewa Beach, HI 96706
Every member of your family may find something to enjoy in Hoalauna, regardless of age. Your fur babies, too!
This park has its lot. So, there’s no need to fret about parking on the street.
There is also a huge grassy space that can be great to let your little ones run freely without getting too close to the road.
Kuliʻouʻou Beach Park
- Address: 100 Bay St, Honolulu, HI 96821
This can be the best place to let your dog run around and swim. At low tide, you can throw the ball pretty far for your pooch.
There is a sizable open grass field that would be great for football, volleyball, kickball, and any other sport you can think of.
Keopuolani Regional Park
- Address: 700 Halia Nakoa St Wailuku, HI 96793
This is a beautiful, well-maintained park ideal for long walks and exercise.
The enclosed dog park is divided into two regions based on the size and weight of the dogs.
Lots of different play structures as well as a smaller playground for your kids.
There are restrooms and garbage cans nearby, as well as tables and benches on which to dine and rest.
Best Dog Grooming in Hawaii
Even though many dog owners prefer to groom their dogs at home, it might save you time and effort to have your dog professionally groomed.
Grooming a dog requires a lot of attention and patience, especially if it is fluffy, a puppy, or has behavioral issues.
So, to help your pooch look better than ever, you may visit this collection of groomers in the HI State.
- Address: 91-896 Makule Rd, Ewa Beach, HI 96706
- Phone Number: 808-689-0674
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Groom Room Hawaii, a family-run business, aims to offer top-notch services for your precious furry family members.
They cherish every one of their wonderful customers and are incredibly passionate about what they do.
There are numerous dog grooming packages available, ranging from the most basic wash and cut to the most luxurious pampering for your pet.
The Dog Shop, LLC
- Address: 28 Kainehe St, Kailua, HI 96734
- Phone Number: 808-262-8804
The Dog Shop, LLC is a small family-owned company on the island of Oahu.
For the comfort and relaxation of their clients, they have a cage-free environment.
Your dog’s needs will be taken into consideration as their skilled groomers customize the grooming procedure.
Pacific Paws Pet Salon
- Address: 820 W Hind Dr. Ste 1242, Honolulu, HI 96821
- Phone Number: 808-735-9334
- Email Address: PacificPaws@gmail.com
Pacific Paws serves the Honolulu region as well as other nearby communities and is conveniently located in the Aina Haina Shopping Center.
They are the ideal choice for all of your animal pals because of their excellent services.
You can give your dog a spa treatment or do full-body hair styling.
- Address: 94-307 Farrington Hwy, Waipahu, HI 96797
- Phone Number: 808-744-2500
- Email Address: Royaltygroomers@gmail.com
The goal of Royalty Groomers is to provide the best pet grooming services in Hawaii.
Every furry family member that enters their doors is treated with pride and with the utmost care.
As a family of devoted pet groomers, they wish to treat your beloved dog and your fluffy cats like royalty at all times.
Shear Magic Pet Salon, LLC
- Address: 711 Kanoelehua Ave, Hilo, HI 96720
- Phone Number: 808-935-5630
- Email Address: ShearMagicHilo@gmail.com
Your fluffy buddy will look and feel its best thanks to the professional groomers at Shear Magic Pet Salon.
He will be handled with care as the groomers perform everything from bathing and shampooing to styling and nail cutting.
The staff welcomes all sizes and breeds of dogs and cats and even offers mobile pet grooming services for your convenience.
Best Dog Trainers in Hawaii
Island Dog Obedience
- Address: 401 Kamakee St, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone Number: 808-428-9917
- Email Address: email@example.com
Island Dog Obedience focuses on providing one-on-one dog training because they believe that every dog is unique, and so are their needs.
They pay close attention to your dog’s behavioral changes and provide him the chance to socialize and practice his new skills in small, encouraging groups.
No matter what your pet’s behavioral requirements are, they are confident to have the expertise, knowledge, and experience to work with him.
- Address: 2333 Alahao Pl UNIT 2E, Honolulu, HI 96819
- Phone Number: 808-495-0000
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Off Leash K9 Training – Hawaii offers a variety of packages so that customers can select the one that best suits their needs.
They are experts in private lessons, dog behavior counseling, and educating dog owners on the reasons behind their dogs’ actions.
Without the limitations of a leash, their training method fosters a close attachment between the owner and a dog of all ages, breeds, and sizes.
Such Good Dogs
- Address: 3600 Lower Honoapiilani Rd b1, Lahaina, HI 96761
- Phone Number: 808-463-4684
- Email Address: email@example.com
Such Good Dogs has assisted dogs with a variety of problems, such as improper elimination, nervousness, and nipping at visitors and members of the family.
They take great pride in demonstrating to you and your household how to maintain the well-being and peaceful coexistence of humans and pets.
Combined with energy balance, they use positive reinforcement training techniques to fit your individual needs.
- Address: 2440 Campus Rd #308, Honolulu, HI 96822
- Phone Number: 808-358-9190
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 2008, Balanced Obedience Dog Training offers a variety of dog & puppy training services across the island of Oahu, Hawaii.
Without using food bribes or a shock collar, they train dogs and puppies to be obedient and socialized so that they become a well-behaved, joyful member of your family.
Sit Means Sit Dog Training
- Address: 2251 Hana Hwy, Haiku, HI 96708
- Phone Number: 808-283-3647
- Email Address: email@example.com
Sit Means Sit Dog Training offers professional dog training in Maui, Honolulu, Oahu, and the surrounding areas of Hawaii.
All breeds of dogs and puppies are eligible for their Transformation Academy courses.
Programs cover anything from puppy lessons to off-leash obedience to programs for dogs who are deemed dangerous.
Best Veterinarians in Hawaii
PetVet Animal Hospital
- Address: 848 Ala Lilikoi St Ste 101, Honolulu, HI 96818
- Phone Number: 808-834-7387
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PetVet Animal Hospital is a group of highly trained, experienced animal lovers who are committed to providing the best care possible to their patients.
They adhere to the concept of providing each patient with the same level of tender love and care as if they were their pets.
Waikele Pet Hospital
- Address: 94-485 Koaki St, Waipahu, HI 96797
- Phone Number: 808-671-7387
- Email Address: email@example.com
Regardless of how big or small, feathered or furry, exotic or common your pet is, Waipahu Waikele Pet Hospital has the knowledge and skill to treat them in different ways.
Their objective is to keep a top-notch group of doctors who are all dedicated to giving your pet the finest treatment possible.
Animal House Veterinary Center
- Address: 91-919 Fort Weaver Rd #114, Ewa Beach, HI 96706
- Phone Number: 808-689-1797
- Email Address: AHVC_Ewa@hotmail.com
At Animal House Veterinary Center, their top priority is the wellness of your pet.
They offer all of their clients top-notch, all-inclusive veterinary medical technology, cutting-edge surgical techniques, and high-tech diagnostic tools.
Their state-of-the-art medical care is balanced by their dedication to providing patients and clients with old-fashioned compassion and respect.
King Street Pet Hospital
- Address: 2016 S King St, Honolulu, HI 96826
- Phone Number: 808-951-7777
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you bring your pet to King Street Pet Hospital, you’ll find a group of knowledgeable, caring veterinarians and support staff committed to giving your pet the best care possible.
They offer a full range of compassionate services, such as wellness checks, flea and tick control, vaccinations, dental care, diet counseling, and alternative medicine.
Makai Pet Hospital
- Address: 420 Uluniu St, Kailua, HI 96734
- Phone Number: 808-262-9621
- Email Address: email@example.com
For more than 30 years, the kama’aina and military families of Kailua and Windward, Oahu, have been served by Makai Pet Hospital, formerly known as Makai Animal Clinic.
The hospital’s staff and facilities always give their patients the best possible treatment.
They offer specialized treatment, procedures, wellness services, and more.
Best Doggy Daycare and Boarding in Hawaii
Kama’aina K9 Adventures
- Address: 94-1100 Kunia Rd, Waipahu, HI 96797
- Phone Number: 808-594-2484
- Email Address: info@kamaainaK9.com
The innovative outdoor facility, situated on 2.5 acres on the Kunia hillside, has six unique adventure parks.
With a such large area, they offer practically limitless space to sniff, splash, run, and explore
Kama’aina K9 Adventures is highly recommended for both daycare and boarding for its professional, friendly, and highly trained staff.
Furever Friends Play and Stay
- Address: 619 Mapunapuna St, Honolulu, HI 96819
- Phone Number: 808-845-7297
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Furever Friends Play and Stay is a highly-rated boarding and daycare facility in Honolulu. They can even take care of your cat if you have one.
The experienced personnel is more than happy to provide extra accommodations and add-ons, like a “spaw” treatment or a swim in the pool.
Tails of Hawaii
- Address: 686 Ahua St, Honolulu, HI 96819
- Phone Number: 808-676-9663
- Email Address: email@example.com
Do you require a kennel for your pooch? Doggie daycare is something that Tails of Hawaii has long provided.
Additionally, they provide reasonably priced dog boarding and have accommodation alternatives for pets that provide the ideal setting based on their comfort and activity levels.
Ohana Doggie Day Care & Spa
- Address: 611 Cooke St, Honolulu, HI 96813
- Phone Number: 808-791-3647
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the first and biggest dog daycare in Honolulu, Ohana Doggie Day Care has been happily serving the neighborhood for 17 years.
With staff on duty around the clock, they ensure a secure and attentive environment for daycare or boarding.
They also offer webcams so you can watch your pet as he plays or sleeps all day.
Pampered Pets Hawaii
- Address: PO Box 152, Kaaawa, HI 96730-0152
- Phone Number: 808-286-8757
- Email Address: email@example.com
To care for your precious pet while you are away, Pampered Pets Hawaii has established a network of expert in-home caregivers that are passionate about caring for animals.
They provide cage-free boarding in their caregivers’ homes to lessen the anxiety your pet could experience in a kennel setting. During his visit, your pup is pampered, loved, and played with.
Best Animal Shelters in Hawaii
Hawaiian Humane Society
- Address: 2700 Waialae Avenue Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
- Phone Number: 808-356-2200
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hawaiian Humane Society is a passionate group that is committed to not just finding homes for the numerous dogs they rescue each year but also promoting a good relationship between people and animals in general.
They want to demonstrate to everyone what a fantastic addition a rescue dog can be to their family and inspire more people to be responsible pet owners.
Rainbow Friends Animal Sanctuary
- Address: 17-382 13 Mile Rd, Kurtistown, HI 96760
- Phone Number: 808-982-5110
- Email Address: email@example.com
Dogs with a tragic past can find refuge at the Rainbow Friends Animal Sanctuary.
They take in dogs that have been abandoned, rejected, mistreated, or neglected in the hopes that they can be fixed up and placed in loving homes.
Oahu SPCA Clinic and Shelter
- Address: 823 Olive Ave, Wahiawa, HI 96786
- Phone Number: 808-754-1519
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oahu Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was established in April 2009 to find a forever home for every treatable animal.
They find worthy homes for the numerous puppies in their care with the assistance of more than 2,000 volunteers and the support of generous donors.
Aloha Ilio Rescue
- Address: PO Box 492364, Keaau, Hawaii, 96749
- Phone Number: 808-960-1704
- Email Address: email@example.com
Aloha Ilio makes an effort to connect each dog with a prospective owner who is serious about the commitment that adopting a dog implies, while also making sure that both parties are excited to start a family together.
They strive to give the best quality of life possible to those already under their care and provide the medical care and attention they deserve.
Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation
- Address: 1715 Kahekili Hwy, Wailuku, HI 96793
- Phone Number: 808-876-0022
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more than ten years, the non-profit charity Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation has been dedicated to the idea that humans should help animals and animals should help people.
They are a no-kill rescue organization that mainly depends on the tax-deductible donations of private contributors to carry out their life-saving work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Hawaii so strict with dogs?
Hawaii is the only US state free of rabies, which accounts for its strict pet travel regulations.
Hawaii does not have rabies, hence pets there are not vaccinated against the disease.
Because of this, the Hawaiian government has to be extremely strict when it comes to visitors on four legs.
How hard is it to bring a dog to Hawaii?
Pets will require microchip implants for identification.
Dogs will require a rabies vaccination and a booster, spaced no more than a year apart and no less than three months apart.
Do Hawaii beaches allow dogs?
The Hawaiian Islands are home to several stunning beaches with fine sand that allow dogs.
Expect to have the chance to run in the sand, play in the water, and relax with your beloved dog by your side.
Hawaii Pet Stores, Dog Parks, Shelters, and More: Summary
There is so much to see and do in this South Pacific holiday destination, but one thing is certain when taking pets on the road – the challenge of finding the perfect pet necessities.
Turn to our directory of pet businesses in Hawaii for information on our preferred pet stores, dog parks, groomers, trainers, veterinarians, doggy daycare centers, and boarding facilities for those times when you need to find the closest pet service in an unfamiliar town.
Wherever you are in Hawaii and you’re looking for a new pup, consider adopting from a Hawaiian animal shelter.
We hope you enjoy your trip to Hawaii and make it as hassle-free for both you and your pup!